Friday, June 10, 2005

The Path.

I finally have some direction!!!!!

Yesterday, I concluded my Practicum at a local primary school. For those not familiar with my terminology, it basically means 'work experience'.

I was placed into a Year 2 classroom, which is full of 7 year olds. At first, I thought I wouldn't enjoy it, but now that I am done, I couldn't imagine being in another classroom.

I learned a lot about teaching, and I had a lot of fun at the same time. Another bonus was that the kids were absolutely adorable!!!!!

Saying goodbye was the hardest part of the job. I had their respect, and we had quite a relationship. I hope that I have helped them along the path of learning as much as they have helped me. So, I guess it's safe to say that I was emotional at home time.......

I now know that I have what it takes to be a teacher, and a really fucking good one at that.

Peace be with you,

- Fridge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Very nice and alot of attitude...
Will make a fine teacher some day, come to wa...we could really do with some decent male teachers
Good luck Fridge...