Thursday, November 24, 2005

Cricket...it's getting better.

Hey y'all,

It's been awhile, but University is a load of wank at the best of times.

In regards to my cricketing aspirations, I have been making steady progress with the ball. However, I still can't bat.

I still keep getting out in the same way, and although I have been trying to rectify this calamity, nothing has worked.

But let's look at the bowling side of it:

Round 3 v SPOC - 5 overs, 1 maiden, 1 for 29.
A wicket 2nd ball, caught at mid-off. I bowled some good balls, but also bowled too many full and short balls. I also lacked variety in my deliveries.

Round 4 v Unley - 1st Innings: 4 overs, 1 maiden, 1 for 6.
Another wicket, caught at mid-off. Variation was better, and there were rarely any loose deliveries.

2nd Innings:
5 overs, 1 maiden, 2 for 14.
1st wicket, caught behind, although the batsman may not have hit it.
2nd wicket, LBW off a full toss arm ball.
My first 4 overs were good, as I had the batsmen playing and missing occasionally. My last over went for 8 runs, and coincided with me bowling around the wicket. In my last over, I bowled too short and too full and was hit for boundaries through square leg and mid-wicket.

Season bowling stats: 14 overs, 3 maidens, 4 for 49.
Average: 12.25
Runs Per Over: 3.5
Strike Rate: 21

Compared with my 9 wickets at an average of 33.89 last year, I believe I have matured and improved as a bowler. But the work is not yet done. I need to regularly bowl well, be able to bowl longer spells, and take more wickets.

But I have to start from somewhere.

- Fridge.

No comments: